BUS-GoCircular: Circular economy in construction- developing skills and knowledge on sustainable use of resources and energy in buildings
The overall aim of BUS-GoCircular is to address and overcome the challenges of the stimulation of demand for green energy skilled workforce, along with hands-on capacity building to increase the number of skilled workforce across the value chain. BUS-GoCircular will achieve this objective by developing and implementing a circular construction skills qualification framework with a focus on multifunctional green roofs, façades and interior elements.
This is worked out in the following five specific qualitative objectives:
- Developing a circular construction skills qualification framework.
- Stimulating market demand for circularity skills.
- Developing recognition schemes and conducting pilot courses.
- Improving the reputation of the construction sector and attracting women and youth to circular skills professions.
- Expanding BUS-GoCircular at national and EU-level by developing and implementing a communication and replication strategy.
As a result of the efforts of the partners on the project, it is expected to develop learning materials for courses on circularity in architecture and construction, suitable for universities and construction companies, as well as for public procurement projects and trainers for continuing professional development.
BUS-GoCircular is formed by a coalition of former BUILD UP Skills projects from 14 different organizations across Europe. In Bulgaria the work on the project will be done by Center for Energy Efficiency together with the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy in Sofia.
The 30 month-long project was funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme and started in September 2021.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 framework programme for research and innovation under grant agreement No 101033740.